- As if we haven't already said more than one could ever possibly have to say about Nervous Norvus, we add yet another piece about him to our site. This one, entitled "Nervous Norvus and the Afterlife of the One-Hit Wonder," was originally penned for a ukulele specialty magazine, but it suffered there at the hands of a careless editor, and so we've decided to post it in its can form here. Be warned, though -- this brooding meditation on the downside of fame can hardly be called a "feel-good story."
- We've got one copy of the promo-only six-song Bigwood And Brush CD, courtesy of Reverberation of Australia, and two copies the new DVD release of Off The Charts, courtesy of Shout! Factory of Burbank, to give away. We'll give them to the sixth, third and eleventh callers, respectively.
- See new News page report on last weekend's big song-poem events in New York. Actually that is a bit of a subterfuge, as what is mostly there, apart from a few of our photos, is a link to Ellery Eskelin's website, where he and field rep/drummer/DJ Michael Goodman have logged their insiders' accounts.
- Posted an item to the News page announcing an upcoming concert that will feature NRBQ performing an all-song-poem set, to mark the release of DVD and CD soundtrack versions of Off The Charts: The Song-Poem Story.
- Posted an item to the News page announcing the release of the DVD and CD soundtrack versions of Jamie Meltzer's Off The Charts: The Song-Poem Story
- Posted an item to the News page announcing the release of the world's first online-only song-poem album.
- Posted an item to the News page announcing the release of Ellery Eskelin's remarkable all-Rodd CD Ecstacy To Frenzy.
- We may look like we've been idle so far in the new year, yet in fact we have been hard at work preparing for the arrival of several very exciting developments. Stay tuned to this space in the coming days and weeks for details of:
- the release of the amazing Rodd Keith solo album Ecstacy To Frenzy;
- the release of the DVD version of the song-poem documentary Off The Charts, as well as a soundtrack album for it;
- a release party for Off The Charts, featuring an all-song-poem set by one of our favorite bands ever;
- some sort of giveaway of copies of Off The Charts, as well as of an ultrarare six-song sampler CD promoting the Australian release of Big Wood And Brush (now accepting ideas for a giveaway contest);
- the launch of Bullboard, our new song-poem chatroom/guestbook/message board;
| 1998 |
All design and uncredited content of this website ©2004 Phil Milstein